Use and maintenance of the reducer during the running-in period
Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2015-07-31 Origin: Site
After the reducer leaves the factory, it is generally stipulated that there is a running-in period of about 200 hours (the oil must be changed after the time is exceeded), which is stipulated by the technical characteristics of the initial stage of the use of the reducer. The running-in period is an important link to ensure the normal operation of the reducer, reduce the failure rate, and extend its service life. However, some users currently ignore the special technical requirements of the running-in period of the new machine due to the lack of common sense of the use of the reducer or the insufficient allowable torque, or the desire to obtain profits as soon as possible, and to use the small machine.
Some users even think that, anyway, the manufacturer has a warranty period, and the manufacturer is responsible for repairing the machine if it is broken, so the reducer is overloaded for a long time during the running-in period, resulting in frequent reducer failures, which not only affects the normal use of the reducer , Shorten the service life of the reducer. Therefore, full attention should be paid to the use and maintenance of the reducer during the running-in period.
1. The characteristics of the running-in period:
1. Fast wear speed
Due to the influence of factors such as the processing, assembly and debugging of the parts of the new reducer, the contact area of the mating surface is small, and the allowable torque is large. During the operation of the reducer, the concave and convex parts of the surface of the parts fit and rub against each other, and the metal scraps that fall off are used as abrasives to continue to participate in the friction, which accelerates the wear of the mating surface of the parts. Therefore, during the running-in period, it is easy to cause wear of the parts (especially the mating surface), and the wear rate is too fast. At this time, if the load is overloaded, it may cause damage to parts and cause early failure.
2. Poor lubrication
Due to the small fit clearance of newly assembled parts, and due to assembly and other reasons, lubricating oil (grease) is not easy to form a uniform oil film on the friction surface to prevent wear. Thereby reducing the lubrication efficiency, causing early abnormal wear of the machine parts. In severe cases, it will cause scratches or seizures on the friction surface of the precision fit, leading to failures.
Newly processed and assembled parts have deviations in geometric shapes and matching dimensions. In the early stage of use, due to the impact of alternating loads such as impact and vibration, as well as the influence of factors such as heat and deformation, and excessive wear and other reasons, they are easy to cause The originally fastened parts are loose.
4. Leakage occurs
Due to the loosening of parts, vibration, and the heat of the reducer, there will be leakage at the sealing surface and pipe joints of the reducer; some casting defects are difficult to find during assembly and debugging, but due to vibration, This kind of defect is exposed by the impact action, which manifests as oil leakage (seepage). Therefore, leakage occurs occasionally during the running-in period.
5. Many operational errors
Due to the insufficient understanding of the structure and performance of the reducer (especially for new operators), it is easy to cause malfunctions due to operating errors, and even cause mechanical accidents and safety accidents.
2. Use and maintenance of the running-in period
1. For special reducer, the operator should accept the training and guidance of the manufacturer, fully understand the structure and performance of the reducer, and obtain certain operation and maintenance experience before operating the reducer. The product operation and maintenance manual provided by the manufacturer is the necessary information for the operator to operate the equipment. Before operating the reducer, be sure to read the operation and maintenance manual and operate and maintain according to the requirements of the manual. And keep the data for a long time, easy to maintain.
2. Pay attention to the working load during the running-in period. Generally, the working load during the running-in period should not exceed 85% of the rated working load, and appropriate workload should be arranged to prevent the occurrence of overheating caused by the long-term continuous operation of the reducer.
3. Pay attention to frequent observations. If abnormalities occur, stop and remove them in time. If the cause is not found and the fault is not removed, stop the operation.
4. Reasonable selection of lubricating oil, especially the reducer with input power greater than 11KW, must be filled with load gear oil. Pay attention to frequently check the lubricating oil, hydraulic oil, coolant, oil level and quality, and pay attention to check the tightness of the whole machine. Excessive oil shortage is found during the inspection, and the reason should be analyzed. At the same time, the lubrication of each lubrication point should be strengthened. It is recommended to add grease to the lubrication point every week during the running-in period (except for special requirements). When connecting a vertical reducer with an oil pump, pay attention to the direction of rotation of the oil pump. Clockwise rotation is correct.
5. While keeping the reducer clean, adjust and tighten loose parts in time to prevent the loose parts from aggravating the wear of the parts or causing the parts to be lost.
6. At the end of the running-in period, compulsory maintenance of the machine should be carried out, inspection and adjustment should be done, and attention should be paid to the replacement of oil.
In short, the requirements for use and maintenance of the reducer during the running-in period can be summarized as: strengthening training, reducing load, paying attention to inspection, and strengthening lubrication. As long as you pay attention to and implement the maintenance and maintenance of the reducer during the running-in period as required, it will reduce the occurrence of early failures, extend the service life, improve production efficiency, and make the reducer bring you more benefits.